[Air-l] fixed term teaching fellow in sociology at Lancaster UK

Kathleen O'Riordan k.s.o-riordan at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Dec 2 02:25:44 PST 2004

May be of interest to list members:

Teaching Fellow Post in Sociology at Lancaster in Jan 05

> Please circulate as widely as possible:
>
> A six-month, full-time teaching fellow position at Lancaster
University in the Department of Sociology has become vacant from  1st
January  - 1st July 2005.  The main duties of the post will include the
delivery of a course \'Media in the Global Age\' (1 lecture and 3
seminars a week - this course has already been devised and has been
taught in previous years and relevant teaching materials are available)
and the supervision of final year dissertation students in Sociology.

> We welcome applicants who have just completed (or have nearly
completed) a PhD and who have some undergraduate teaching experience in
the area.

> Given the tight schedule, applications should be sent ASAP directly
to the Head of Department by email (j.stacey at lancaster.ac.uk).  An up
to date cv and one page letter outlining relevant experience and
interest in the post will suffice.