[Air-l] Re: Hyperlink analysis tools

Mike Thelwall m.thelwall at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 4 15:00:49 PST 2004

>Hello.
>
>I am a graduate student studying hyperlink analysis.  I am looking for some

>softwares to identifying the structures of web links.  If anyone knows good

>softwares for that, please, let me know.
>
>Thank you.
>Jenghoon Lee

I've put all my link analysis software on the web, including a web crawler
and a link analyser. It integrates into Pajek for network diagrams and
produces loads of statistics about counts of links between sites. The
software is free for academic research and anyone is welcome to use it.
http://socscibot.wlv.ac.uk
A related link analysis web site is at:
http://linkanalysis.wlv.ac.uk
And a preprint of what I hope will be a useful overview paper is now also
available online:
Thelwall, M. (2005, to appear). Interpreting social science link analysis
research: A theoretical framework. Journal of the American Society for
Information Science and Technology.
http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/%7Ecm1993/papers/Interpreting_SSLAR.pdf

Mike Thelwall