[Air-l] research on distinctions between personal/work email

catherine middleton catherine.middleton at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 7 17:49:28 PST 2004

Hello all,

I'm working with a colleague on a new project looking at the adoption of
mobile devices (mainly palm pilots/blackberry type devices, but it's
becoming harder to consider these as separate  from mobile phones). One
of the things we're interested in is whether people make distinctions
between using their device for personal or for work/professional usage.
At the moment, we've got a specific interest in email usage, but would
also be interested in knowing about similar distinctions being made for
web surfing, IM or mobile phone calls.

I haven't had much luck finding anything on this topic in the
communications databases in our library. I do expect that there is some
work out there on this topic, and am hoping that someone on the list may
be able to point us in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
catherine middleton