[Air-l] hallucinating cyberspace -origins

Nils Zurawski nils.zurawski at uni-hamburg.de
Thu Feb 12 03:32:12 PST 2004

>hi gang,
>
>correct me if I am wrong but didnt Gibson, when he created the word
>"cyberspace", define it as "a consensual hallucination experienced
>daily by legitimate operators".

Eero,

that is a good way out of this strange discussion we were having....
but to this particular argument...

yes you are right. this is what Gibson said... but that does not mean
that we were "hallucinating about Cyberspace", but debating the idea
of "Cyberspace as a hallucination"...  and this is something
different... why.. well see all the postings and esp. Don Slaters
one..

best
nilz

ps. I hope to see you in Sussex, maybe for the roundtable on space
for a longer discussion...
--
Dr. Nils Zurawski
Universität Hamburg