[Air-l] Re: first post (An Internet Without Space/reply to Elijah)

elijah wright elw at stderr.org
Thu Feb 12 18:19:35 PST 2004

> Anyhow, I won't argue with you as to whether there has been a lot or
> little number crunching going on or whether academia should be results
> oriented.

It sounds like a productive argument to have, as far as I'm concerned -
since most of your premises do hinge upon these position statements that
you're making.

> And it is my goal to produce relevant results in the field of Internet
> Research, without conceptualising/ hallucinating, without using geek
> speak, but producing results that are efficient, able to be understood
> by every English speaking person on the planet and published widely by
> the media for the benefit of the public - and my results will be
> relevant.

What are your criteria for relevancy of research?

upon what data are you basing your evaluation of internet research as less
than acceptably numerical?  (or less than empirically grounded, I think
many of us might say...)

And when did 'conceptualizing' come to imply hallucination?  I think I've
missed something crucial, here ....

elijah