[Air-l] my second post

Jillana Enteen jillana at rcn.com
Tue Feb 3 16:08:52 PST 2004

Okay, today's my heavy contribution day.

Let's talk about Google:
My results have RADICALLY changed since they started advertising.

Does anyone know how the algorithm has mutated?
Does anyone else notice this?
Does anyone else have an alternative search engine?
What do we do with the randomness of numbers posited for conversation
by a search engine that shifts without announcing or qualifying?
What "status" do we give to numbers collected by Google searches anyway?
When I did research for my diss, I searched 12 search engines. What's
the difference? I still miss out on most of what one terms the www.

I still often use Kartoo, speaking of spacial representations, and i
find "different" things, but not "more thorough."

jillana