[Air-l] number crunching or philosophical debate...

Nils Zurawski nils.zurawski at uni-hamburg.de
Mon Feb 9 03:10:42 PST 2004

Dear Eero and others,

I read our posting with interest.. but got a bit confused and
puzzled... as an offspring of the rather intensive debate on
Space/Cyberspace/Setting/whatever you seem to bash all of this and
afrgue for a more practical research on INternet issues... why not,
besides it being already there, I can not follow the point of that
all of this discussion is useless - you did not say so, but it
clearly sounded like that. In order to understand what we are
researching, how we conceptualize the object of our studies, it seems
far from necessary to abondon this kind of thinking and debate, but
put it in perspective and combine it...

I might did get you wrong, but I would argue in favor of such a
debate and therefore the necessity of such a roundtable.. also
covering your critique of the whole debate...

best
nilz

ps.. btw... are going to propose such a roundtable... how are we
organizing it.. ??
--
Dr. Nils Zurawski
Universität Hamburg