[Air-l] cms recommendations

elijah wright elw at stderr.org
Thu Feb 12 14:29:31 PST 2004

> For a small project I'm looking for a content management system with the
> following characteristics:
>
> * ability to create and navigate that content in sections/categories
> * but also provide news in a blog-like section
> * integrated image gallery
> * preferably integrated forum

I'd suggest Drupal, primarily because it has taxonomy-style categorization
tools built into its core.  [vocabularies can be assigned to different
bits of content, which can be shown/hidden/manipulated based on those
terms - assuming that the module doing the displaying supports them, of
course.]

And because I trust it as a tool with reasonable community support, but
that's beside the point.  It does all of the things you want, and is
relatively simple besides.

elijah