[Air-l] list rejections

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon Feb 2 05:37:28 PST 2004

Some of you may have recently experienced that your mail to air-l has
been rejected or held by the moderators.  Due to the recent upswing in
viruses and spam, we've added filters to the system to capture and hold
all mime or otherwise encoded mail.  We are currently only
automatically allowing plain text messages through the system,
everything else is being held or rejected, either manually or
automatically.  We are also automatically rejecting almost all emails
with the subject line similar to the last round of virus's, such as
Subject: Hi, Subject: Hello, etc.  We have for the last two years
rejected on certain forms of subject and headers for spam and virus
reasons, so some of you will have experienced this before.

if you  have questions, feel free to send them to suggestions at aoir.org

Thanks,

Jeremy Hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments