[Air-l] Re: cms recommendations

hans at fs.is.uni-sb.de hans at fs.is.uni-sb.de
Fri Feb 13 20:34:01 PST 2004

Frank,
the tech people used for our site postnuke:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/post-nuke/
see our site at: www.ctie.missouri.edu

It is fairly simple to set up, works with PhP and MySql, can manage content
quite easily, and has a variety of user rights .... However, to do exactly what
we wanted it still needed coding and a fair amount of twicking. If you invest
that time then it is fairly simple in the end. There are many add-on features
like different discussionboards or calendar ... that can be very easily
installed as modules and downloaded from user-sites.

There is quite an amount of post-nuke style cms-systems out there as you can
see at this list: http://www.opensourcecms.com/ This meta-site also uses post-
nuke. We compared quite a bit and were running movable type etc. but found post-
nuke the most suitable for our need (a lot of pages needed to be changed by a
variety of people).

Well, another solution could be tinderbox by Eastgate (commercial):
http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/

If you have a Mac, tinderbox is a personal content management system with web-
publishing capability and features to integrate your existing blogging
systems ....

Let me or the list know, what you decided on and your experience with it.

Johannes

--
Johannes Strobel, ABD
School of Information Science and Learning Technologies
jse09 at mizzou.edu
www.crisscrossed.org
crisscrossing.missouri.edu