[Air-l] re:My first survey

Eero Tarik et at tarik.com.au
Wed Feb 18 01:47:06 PST 2004

Frank wrote....
"Doing research on gender myself, it always annoys me when there's only a
binary choice for gender on a survey. Is it so hard to include an "other"
category there?"

Frank, being a person who likes to laugh and be happy, I was going to label the gender selection "sex"
and then have three options - "male", "female" and "love it" but I feared this might be seen in some quarters
as sexist humour and therefore refrained, and it might have spoilt the serious tone of my internet research work.

As for a university server adding more legitimacy to the survey.
Perhaps for some, however my little survey is doing just fine and pulling them in by the hour hidden away
on my ramshackle website.
I was able to get this up and running in 24 hours - imagine how long it would take to go through a university
and get this approved and online???

One day when my baby survey is ready to graduate from Little to Grand and become the GIUS, then perhaps I will
allow a university to grace the GIUS pages with a logo :-)
This all is conditional upon me thinking up a second question for the survey - all ideas welcome.

see ya

Eero Tarik