[Air-l] transcribing interviews digitally

Bernie Hogan bernie.hogan at utoronto.ca
Sun Feb 22 09:12:05 PST 2004

To keep it simple I use winamp and openoffice (or word).

Play the transcription (get a winamp plug in to make it play slower if you
like), and then simply alt-tab between the two programs. left and right
cursor keys make a song go 5secs back or forward. Its a little harried at
first, but I got used to it rather quickly.

If this doesn't work then I'd move on to the transcribing suites.

Sadly I don't know of any open source solutions...

(shamelesss plug for open source conference...
http://osconf.kmdi.utoronto.ca  )

Take Care,
BERNiE