[Air-l] AoIR list and professional courtesy

salterl l.salter at unl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 3 02:07:03 PST 2004

Yes professional courtesy would be a good idea. However, it seems that not all
were courteous to Art when he made his comments about the nature of
capitalism. Many responses refused to deal with hios proposition fairly and
might even be said to have rubbished it. If people don't want to discuss
something, then you don't have to. If, however, attempts are made to belittle
a discussion because it is frowned upon to bite the teets that feed us, then
this is clearly uncivic.