[Air-l] Quantitative Spuriousity

Michael Gurstein mgurst at vcn.bc.ca
Mon Feb 9 05:14:50 PST 2004

Since at least some of our referencing to quantitative assessment seems
to be drawn from in-class responses to professor driven questions...

In my graduate class after a lot of snickering and a few tentative
raised hands, which after furtive glances around the room were quickly
lowered, none of the 30 or so students indicated that they were
currently downloading music off the net.

In my undergraduate class with similar initial glances and rather
stronger indications of humour, all of the students indicated that they
were currently (illegally) downloading music off the Net.

Hmmm...

MG