[Air-l] Re: first post (An Internet Without Space)

Kevin Tharp k.tharp at cqu.edu.au
Mon Feb 9 13:09:41 PST 2004

I cannot help but wonder if Eero's posting is not actually a troll,
because I cannot believe that anyone that claims to be a scholar would
make such statements (unless of course the horse and blinders analogy is
correct).  But that said, according to Eero, as a discipline, we should:

* Ignore the needs and perceptions of the individual
* Look only at numbers which of course represent real data
* Focus on commercially significant projects
* Abandon all traditions that are not positivist (not explicitly stated,
but implied)
* Stomp out anything that disagrees or competes with this world view.
* All work in a monster division

Sounds like maybe someone got their application to Microsoft mixed up
with their posting to air-l. ;-)

Regards,
Kevin W. Tharp