AW: Oops there goes the thread RE: [Air-l] Re: first post (An Internet Without Space)

S. Liban sam_liban at gmx.de
Thu Feb 12 18:43:08 PST 2004

Hi Frank!

> Well, I'm constantly amazed that many of my students, who I
> now suddenly
> realize are not just a couple of years but a decade younger
> than me (what
> happened?), know little more about the Internet than IM,
> e-mail, and have
> rather limited experience in surfing the web. They don't
> know Usenet,

Maybe, all this is simply a sign, that the Internet is getting a part
of life - I cannot recall how it was when other media was "new", but I
can imagine, that the approach towards a totally new medium is quite
different from the approach to an existing - and we are all getting
older... :)

What I am trying to say, is that the difference you and others have
stated about the approach towards the Internet and all included or
herefrom evolved (forgive my English) communication-methods of
yourself and your students may have something to do with the
acceptance of the Internet as the "hype" VS. "just another medium"...

BTW:
God bless the C64! (...and my pity to those, who used an Atari - not
to speak about the Spectrum) :)

cu

sam liban