[Air-l] digital recording

todd j wemmer twemmer at comm.umass.edu
Wed Feb 25 12:46:58 PST 2004

Hello,
I have been using a mini disk and a stereo mic for important oral
histories that I want the best sound quality for. For other projects I
have been using the Olympus DM-1 digital recorder. This records in some
weird format but upon import into my Mac the files are transfered to
.AIFF files. A 64MB card holds something like 8 hours of audio or maybe
even more.

Another great audio program I have been using on my computer is called
WireTap. This records any sound that is coming through your computer
(not externally, but internally). This has worked great for recording
the other side of video conferencing. I have hours and hours of
recordings from video conferences. Because of the nature of the video
conferences, I only need the audio from the other side.

Best,

Todd Wemmer