[Air-l] Re: digital recording

Matt Ratto Matt.Ratto at niwi.knaw.nl
Thu Feb 26 09:16:02 PST 2004

Bernie,

I started out using a minidisc and also grew frustrated with the
real-time transfer issue. Recently, I got a iRiver mp3 jukebox with a 20
gig HD. This little number does real-time mp3 encoding and also
transfers files via USB 2.0. I have a powered stereo mike (Sony
ECM-ZS90) that I use with this. Oh, and the battery lasts approximately
16 hours.

Now all I have to worry about is the battery on my powered microphone
running out - which has in fact happened.

best,

Matt

Dr Matt Ratto
Networked research and digital information
KNAW-Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Science
Joan Muyskenweg 25
Postbus 95110
1090 HC Amsterdam
The Netherlands