[Air-l] possible panel/bof/roundtable on space

Annette Markham amarkham at uic.edu
Thu Feb 5 10:13:56 PST 2004

About the panel/roundtable/bof (Birds of a Feather) on space:

Might be interesting to try to do more than a single roundtable.  Last
year, the turnout for the qualitative methods roundtable was so good, we
all wished we a) had a longer time slot or b) had a follow up roundtable.

What about organizing two "Birds of a Feather" sessions early in the
conference (which hopefully won't be relegated to the crack of dawn part of
the day.....), followed by a roundtable late in the conference that brings
it together?

In the spirit of dialogue, the nature of the roundtable discussion would
emerge from the BOF sessions.  The emergent format might yield shorter
opening statements and therefore more discussion, something Lori Kendall
mentioned which I agree with (my logic is that participants will have
altered their thinking by engaging in dialogue earlier, so they won't have
as much prepared, but I could be completely wrong in this line of thought)

annette

Annette N. Markham, Ph. D.

Department of Communication
University of Illinois at Chicago