[Air-l] Cyberscience

Dr. Michael Nentwich mnent at oeaw.ac.at
Wed Jan 7 06:25:55 PST 2004

Dear colleagues,

there is no doubt that the Internet has an impact on how
science and research is done. This very discussion list
shows several aspects of this: how we communicate
electronically, what we research, how we do it, how we
search for and access information. Many other aspects
have been the topic of our exchanges here: video-
conferencing, for instance, weblogs or electronic
publishing etc.

I recently finished a comprehensive book on the impact
of ICT (Internet) on research and hope it will find
interested readers among airlisters. It is also available
as an e-Book. That makes it particularly easy to access
it, read sample chapters and get an overview on the
contents list: http://hw.oeaw.ac.at/3188-7

Best wishes for the New Year to all,
Michael

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Dr. Michael NENTWICH
Austrian Academy of Sciences, Inst. of Technology
Assessment
A-1030 Vienna, Strohgasse 45/5; Tel. +43 1 51581
6583
Fax. +43 1 7109883; mailto:mnent at oeaw.ac.at
Personal homepage: http://eiop.or.at/mn/
Institute: http://www.oeaw.ac.at/ita/