[Air-l] Query re. programs in Global Communication

Nan Kim-Paik nkim-paik at cie.uwm.edu
Wed Jan 28 21:32:03 PST 2004

Dear AoIR members

I am facilitating the development of a new curriculum at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in the area of global communication, and I would greatly appreciate your insights regarding trends in the field.

I would be particularly interested in your thoughts on:

--which programs (anywhere in the world) you think are particularly vibrant and provide curricular leadership;

--and what you think would be important to include in an undergraduate curriculum in global communication, whether or not such courses are currently included in program with which you are familiar.

What we mean by "global communication" is still under negotiation, but we hope that the program will combine the study of communication, information, media and culture.

Several people have already suggested that I look into the programs at Goldsmiths and LSE, but if you have other leads, I would be most grateful.

Nan Kim-Paik
Global Studies Coordinator
Center for International Education
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee