[Air-l] Social inclusion and e-learning. Invitation to join the charter

David Casacuberta dcasacuberta at transit.es
Thu Jan 22 03:48:29 PST 2004

Dear friends:

This is a invitation to join a pool of experts to write together the first
international charter about e-learning and  social inclusion.

This document aims at pointing out all the resources that ICT offer us to
work against social exclusion. We believe that e-learning is a key
instrument for excluded people so they can use the Internet to expand their
competences and capacities to empower themselves to achieve a better life.
The document is divided in two main sections. The first is a sort of
"manifesto" to defend a social approach to e-learning and the second one is
a cookbook describing best practices to obtain useful e-learning projects
that can help excluded people.

We have a first draft, but we want it to be as inclusive as possible, so we
want to invite all the relevant experts in the field to join in and propose
changes and improvements.

Your input and help will be very appreciated, as we want a document as
useful as possible.

You can download this first draft at: http://www.el4ei.net/charter/draft.pdf

Please send all your comments, proposals and observations to
coordination at el4ei.net.
Also indicate if you want your name to be included as a co-writer or not.

This International Charter for E-learning and e-inclusion is an initiative
of E-learning for E-inclusion (www.el4ei.net) a EU project under the
E-learning program coordinated by Transit Projectes (www.transit.es)

Best wishes

The EL4EI team