[Air-l] the september project in the news

Maximilian Forte mcforte at kacike.org
Mon Jul 12 13:33:24 PDT 2004

> But wouldn't you agree that the idea to get together people and
> allow them to engage in open information exchange, discussion and debate
> actively is valuable?

Yes, I do agree. I also think the project has been well executed, no doubt
about it, and all praises are due. What I am unfortunately stuck on is the
9-11 angle itself. There are many possible angles, but not all would have
"sold" as well for a U.S. audience.

> Oh, and by the way, in my opinion media tend to put a spin on news in a
> way that they believe will sell the information best. For every quote
> quoted there's probably one that was omitted. And the US media are
> particularly good at spinning.

I am sure that you are right on this. Thanks for your replies.

All the best,

Maximilian C. Forte