[Air-l] When I'll be in jail....

Lee Salter l.salter at londonmet.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 14:06:44 PDT 2004

I don't particularly wish to get involved in a discussion about the
rights and wrongs of Israel, but to call Hizbollah a "hate organisation"
in the same vein as the Neo-Nazis is rather disingenuous to say the
least. After all, Hizbollah are a response to an invasion by Israel.
Furthermore, this smacks of one-sidedness - have you never heard the
views of Israeli "settlers" (colonists)? Perhaps you could take a look
at Israeli hate organisations too, Gamla
(http://www.gamla.org.il/english/index.htm) for example? I understand
that perhaps you are unaware of the reality of the situation as the
Western media has been so biased itself (see Greg Philo's research at
the University of Glasgow -
www.gla.ac.uk/departments/sociology/Israel.pdf for example), but if you
really want to do something original, then try balance.

In terms of research already conducted,  see Michael Whine's work
(interesting but heavilty biased) in the book "Liberating Cyberspace". A
very interesting attempt to research hate on the net is Ken McVay's
Nizkor Project www.nizkor.org/

--
Lee Salter
School of Law, Governance and International Relations