[Air-l] auto-rejection

Steve Jones sjones at uic.edu
Mon Jun 14 08:37:42 PDT 2004

I have a few times had occasion to actually see the queue of messages
that Charlie and Jeremy have to wade through regularly to ensure that
spam and virus emails don't get through to air-l, and it is amazing how
many there are. They have done a terrific job of keeping the list
trouble-free, but to continue to ask them to serve as human email
filters is indeed inhumane. I'll keep fingers crossed that the solution
that's now implemented works.

And I'd also like to remind everyone that if you get a message that a
posting didn't go through, let Jeremy know. The vast majority of the
time it happens it is because there is a slight change in one's mail
server or mail system that causes the sender's address to look
different than the address under which the sender is subscribed. The
mailman system is fairly easy for users to administer (the
administration url is at the foot of every message to airl-) and in
general we should not need Charlie's or Jeremy's help.

Thank you, Charlie and Jeremy, for your continued efforts on behalf of
AoIR.

Sj