[Air-l] Hawaii conference deadline for papers extended

Caroline Haythornthwaite haythorn at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 18 12:01:51 PDT 2004

  Papers are still being accepted for the Hawaii International Conference
on  System Sciences Lots of  sessions deal with issues of interest to
Internet Researchers

  Papers must be uploaded by next  week, Wednesday, June 23rd, 5:00pm
Pacific (California) Time.

   http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/

Deadlines for all HICSS sessions have been extended by one week. See
the  listing of tracks and minitracks for content areas.

I am co-organizing a session on Information and Communication
Technologies  in Support of Knowledge management, Organizational Memory
and  Organizational  Learning. The CFP can be found here (and below) ...

   http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/Hicss38/foscfp.htm

If you are still interested in submitting for this session, please contact
me asap!

   /Caroline

   -------------
   Information and Communication Technologies in Support of KM/OM/OL

   This minitrack looks at technical issues and tools for building and
   supporting knowledge management, organizational memory, and organizational
   learning systems including the use of information and communication
   technologies (ICTs) to support the sharing of knowledge between
   individuals, groups, and organizations in a variety of contexts (e.g.,
collocated,
   distributed nationally or internationally). In addition, we welcome studies
   with implications on social/technical design of systems enabling knowledge
   sharing.  We encourage papers that explore the role of information and
   communication technologies (e.g., knowledge management systems, digital
   libraries, online learning environments, intranets, etc.) in
   mediating/facilitating knowledge sharing.  Papers that generate new
   paradigms and present alternatives to the knowledge-based systems' concepts
   of knowledge "codification" and "transfer" are of interest.

Caroline Haythornthwaite (haythorn at uiuc.edu)
  Associate Professor
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 501 East Daniel St., Champaign,
IL, 61820
phone: 217-244-7453     fax: 217-244-3302 www.lis.uiuc.edu/~haythorn