[Air-l] Content/political analysis online forum terms

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Tue Jun 22 09:41:35 PDT 2004

Has anyone compared in detail the various
rights/privileges/responsibilities articulated in the terms of agreement
related to online forums?

Or compared the evolution of forum rules with off-line debate practices
in legislative assemblies or forms of in-person deliberative democracy?

E-Democracy.Org is reworking our rules for our second decade and would
appreciate any suggestions/links/comments:

http://www.e-democracy.org/center/draftrules.html

Our forums work in practice, but we could use some help to have them
work in theory.  Without more in-depth research it is difficult to
determine in a world of scare time and resources, what online civic
engagement models are the most cost-effective, sustainable, powerful,
civil, agenda-setting, etc.

Thanks,

Steven Clift

P.S. Recent headlines from our forums on a draft page:
http://www.e-democracy.org/today.html

Steven Clift - http://publicus.net - Reply to: clift at publicus.net
Join DoWire: http://e-democracy.org/do
Speaking requests: http://publicus.net/speaker.html