[Air-l] leigh star gets honored

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Jun 19 08:29:42 PDT 2004

I'm delighted to give all list members the inside information that
Leigh Star has been elected to the Sociological Research Association, an
honor society that is hard to get into. (only 14 new members per year).

The only thing is that it makes me feel old, when someone I knew as a
grad student only 20 years ago, is now getting what is in effect, a
lifetime achievement award.

But surely this is a testament to how much innovative work Leigh has done
over time. And given her energy and mind, how much she surely will do.

 Barry