[Air-l] Attention political scientists!

Alexandra Samuel alex at alexandrasamuel.com
Fri Jun 4 10:50:36 PDT 2004

If you are a political scientist working on information technology-related
research, please join the Information Technology and Politics section of the
American Political Science Association. ITP is in a membership crisis, and
we urgently need your support.

ITP plays a crucial role in encouraging academic research on the
intersection of technology and politics: as a formal section of APSA, we are
able to sponsor papers and panels at each meeting. ITP ensures that
technology-related papers make it through APSA's very competitive submission
process, which in turn ensures that scholars receive institutional support
and recognition for their research into information technology and politics.
At last year's APSA meeting ITP sponsored panels on topics including
"Digital Government Research Trends," "Electronic Campaigning,"  and "New
Frontiers in Activism: On- & Off-line." ITP also sponsors annual web site
and instructional software awards, and helps all political scientists
improve their use of technology in the classroom.

But ITP's membership has dipped below the levels required to maintain our
status as a formal APSA section. We need your membership in order to
continue our important support for informational technology research and
instructional support.

If you are already a member of APSA, ITP section membership is only an
additional $3 in dues. If you are not currently a member of APSA, please
consider joining both APSA and ITP: APSA membership rates are scaled to
income, with special rates for students, and APSA membership includes
subscriptions to the American Political Science Review, PS: Political
Science and Politics, and Perspectives.

You can add an ITP membership to your APSA membership -- or join APSA itself
-- by visiting the APSA web site: http://www.apsanet.org/myapsa  When you
have reached your personal APSA page by logging in (or creating a new
account), click on "Membership renewal" under "Apply for Additional
Services." Adding a section membership will be one of your options.
For more information on ITP visit our web site at
http://www.apsanet.org/~itp/

Thank you for your support.

--
Alexandra Samuel
Board member, Information Technology & Politics Section
samuel at fas.harvard.edu
http://www.alexandrasamuel.com