[Air-l] SNA & OSS

James Howison jhowison at syr.edu
Tue Jun 15 16:48:07 PDT 2004

On Jun 15, 2004, at 1:59 PM, mboudour at upatras.gr wrote:

> Hello Air!
>
> I was wondering whether those of you who happen to know any literature
> on
> methods of social network analysis (SNA) applied to free or/and open
> source software (OSS &FOSS) development projects might be kind to
> inform me
> about this (either by sending me a personal e-mail or through the
> list).

You will find a working paper of the results of an study using
sourceforge data that I undertook with Kevin Crowston at Syracuse
University School of Information studies (It is at the bottom of the
publications):

http://floss.syr.edu

We are in the process of writing up our work for journal publication.

There is also the work of Vince Freeh et al at North Carolina

http://www.nd.edu/~oss/Papers/papers.html

I also understand that there is work out of MIT Sloan (I spoke about it
at last year's ICIS) but I haven't come across it yet.

Finally there is the dissertation work of Nicolas Ducheneaut which you
can see at

http://www2.parc.com/csl/members/nicolas/

Please let me know if you find more!

--