[Air-l] fading away electronic

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Thu Mar 18 05:53:52 PST 2004

As a sidebar to my Timeline article which I announced yesterday (altho new
thoughts are coming in: VT-100 nostalgia, for example):

I sent the URL to a bunch of old friends from Harvard grad school days.
As I am 61, they too are 60ish.

A bunch of e-addresses are bouncing back, as No Such User, etc.

So this is how old scholars fade away as they retire, etc.
Their e-addresses are the first to go.

Sounds like a study for someone.

 Barry