[Air-l] Re: Air-l digest - Number Fetishism

Pille Vengerfeldt pille at meso.ee
Tue Mar 9 11:20:12 PST 2004

Dear all,

Couldn't help but to cheer on Uwe. Enlighten me if you may, is the strong
opposition between qualit-quantit an anglo-american thing?

Why is it that my own (Estonian) beliefs are so similar to Uwe's (or to
those that they used to be)?

And why is it, that we tend to take the worst exaples of anything to build
up a critique? Not only in this case, but (I hope I am not opening a can
of worms here) in case of technologial determinism vs social
constructivism?

Just couldn't hold my fingers here.

Pille Vengerfeldt
PhD student,