[Air-l] Inquiry on research about how readers read, and changes in recent decades

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Mon Mar 15 08:45:15 PST 2004

For a presentation I am making about the evolution of
technical documentation at a computing conference this
summer, I'm seeking research about how people read and
absorb information from books. Specifically, how it this
activity have changed over the decades as radio and then TV
became pervasive? Have people's expectations and ability to
make their ways through linear expositions changed?

Andy Oram  O'Reilly & Associates              email: andyo at oreilly.com
Editor     90 Sherman Street                       voice: 617-499-7479
           Cambridge, MA 02140-3233                  fax: 617-661-1116
           USA                         http://www.praxagora.com/andyo/
Stories at Web site:
The Bug in the Seven Modules     Code the Obscure     The Disconnected