[Air-l] Re: researchers ???

Bram Dov Abramson bda at bazu.org
Thu May 6 11:29:33 PDT 2004

> > Does anyone in here work full time in a position that is
> > called "Internet Researcher" or that one could take to
> > be, from the job responsibilities, to be a full time
> > internet researcher? Does anyone know of another person
> > who has the above role? I am particularly interested to
> > know if anyone works for a company in such a role.

I spent a few years as a full-time telecommunications
researcher, of which a big chunk as a full time Internet
researcher "for a company in such a role"
(http://www.telegeography.com).

That our attention was focussed specifically on the IP layer is
probably what made it easy to  call this Internet research: we
were concerned with higher-layer applications only insofar as
how they affected the deployment and interoperability of the
Internet itself.

But then I became a regulator; now I'm a law student: things
change.  What motivates your interest, Eero?

cheers
Bram