[Air-l] Google is watching !

Kevin Tharp k.tharp at cqu.edu.au
Thu May 20 02:32:28 PDT 2004

I have used part of a posting to this group in my dissertation.  The way
that I handled the ethical questions, was that I contacted that person
regarding my intention and included the text I was intending to use.  I
included the text to seek that person's feedback and to compare my
perception with their intent.

I would not always handle Internet postings in this way.  However, in
this case, we are communicating indirectly with our peers, and the world
is potentially watching.  The person I am quoting from this list also
shows up in my list of references from other sources.

Kevin W. Tharp
Community Informatics Officer
Senior Research Officer
Faculty of Informatics & Communication