[Air-l] Re: Data

Ren Reynolds ren at aldermangroup.com
Wed May 26 13:04:21 PDT 2004

Elijah
>'rent' for the trunk lines between the ISP and the neighboring peers.

Ah, yes, I was thinking purely in terms of logical connectivity in data
rooms (Telco Jails as I heard it called in an ISP meeting today) and
over WANs on the one hand and a single or n+1 tail circuit from the ISPs
main location. Carefully choosing geographically closer peers would
indeed reduce tail prices as this are mainly a factor of distance (well
outside metros). Good point, sorry.
Ren