[Air-l] AoIR Internet Research Annual!

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Thu May 6 14:47:20 PDT 2004

Hello everyone,

The Association of Internet Researchers has just published our first
Internet Research Annual culling many of the best papers from our
first three conferences.

Here is the information:

Internet Research Annual: Selected Papers from the Association of Internet
Researchers Conferences 2000-2002, Volume 1

Edited by Mia Consalvo, Nancy Baym, Jeremy Hunsinger, Klaus Bruhn Jensen,
John Logie, Monica Murero, and Leslie Regan Shade
Digital Formations, Volume 19
$29.95 / 296 pages / Paperback / Spring 2004

Internet Research Annual offers a selection of the best work presented at
the first three conferences of the Association of Internet Researchers, and
provides a useful overview of the cutting-edge in Internet studies.
Established scholars and new researchers address issues such as communities
on/off line, the Internet as a methodological tool and space for research,
and the places, politics, and policies of the Internet, creating a volume
that comprehensively covers the field of Internet research. Also included
are a brief history of the organization, a list of previously published
papers from the conferences, and works by several of the keynote speakers
including Phil Agre, Barbara Warnick, Bill Dutton, Sheizaf Rafaeli, Susan
Herring, Robin Mansell, and much more.

You can download the table of contents by clicking on the Sample
Download section of the book's site:

http://commerce.peterlangusa.com/genBook.asp?CategoryName=Media+Studies&ProductID=0-8204-6840-1&BooksSearch=QuickSearch&SearchOn=Author+Last+Name&SearchField=Consalvo

In the next few days I will be emailing (paid) AoIR members
information on how to get a 20% discount on the book. AoIR members
also receive discounted registration at the conference and discounts
on a number of journals (in addition to knowing they've done their
part to keep this association on its fiscal feet). To join, click
here: http://aoir.org/join

My many thanks to Mia Consalvo for seeing this project through, and
for the work she is doing on next year's annual!

Nancy

--
Nancy Baym 	http://www.ku.edu/home/nbaym
Communication Studies, University of Kansas