[Air-l] Internet usage patterns of academics and historians

Nentwich, Michael mnent at oeaw.ac.at
Fri May 14 01:44:02 PDT 2004

> I am doing research for a book about how the Internet can be used as a
> tool to teach about history and to conduct history projects.
> Currently, I am looking for existent research on the Internet usage
> patterns of those interested in history -- professors, students,
> amateur historians, museum enthusiasts, and genealogists.   Does
> anyone know of any studies, research projects, articles, websites,
> books, etc. that might be relevant?  Leads to any general research
> about Internet usage by professors and other academics would also be
> very helpful.

You might be interested in my book on cyberscience. It
includes an extensive comparison of the status quo of ICT
use in 13 disciplines, among them history. Btw, in this
comparison, North-American History turned out to be the most
"cyber" of all. Here is the quote:

Nentwich, M. (2003) Cyberscience: Research in the Age of
the Internet, Vienna: Austrian Academy of Sciences Press.
http://hw.oeaw.ac.at/3188-7.

Best wishes,
Michael

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Dr. Michael NENTWICH
Austrian Academy of Sciences, Inst. of Technology
Assessment
A-1030 Vienna, Strohgasse 45/5; Tel. +43 1 51581
6583
Fax. +43 1 7109883; mailto:mnent at oeaw.ac.at
Personal homepage: http://eiop.or.at/mn/
Institute: http://www.oeaw.ac.at/ita/