[Air-l] Educational System and Information Society

Robert Luke robert.luke at utoronto.ca
Tue May 25 10:01:09 PDT 2004

hi Julio - you might want to start with the following:

N. Burbules & C. A. Torres (Eds.), /Globalization and Education:
Critical Perspectives/. /Social Theory, Education and Cultural Change/.
London and New York: Routledge.

H. Bromley & M. W. Apple (Eds.), /Education/ Technology/ Power:
Educational Computing as a Social Practice/. Albany, New York: State
University of New York Press.

P. P. Trifonas (Ed.), /Revolutionary Pedagogies: Cultural Politics,
Instituting Education, and the Discourse of Theory/. New York and
London: Routledge.

Castells, M., Flecha, R., Freire, P., Giroux, H. A., Macedo, D., Willis,
P., et al. (1999/1994). /Critical Education in the New Information Age./
Lanham, Maryland & Oxford, England: Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, Inc

They are good introductions to the area you describe.

Robert