[Air-l] comm position @ vt

Ed Lamoureux ell at bradley.edu
Mon Nov 1 05:32:15 PST 2004

jeremy
I don't see the job description on the site.
could you please send me the url?

I have one very specific question . . . due to my circumstances, I have
to ask before I get involved in any job searches.
What is the Vtech "tuition benefit" for children of faculty? Could it
possibly "vest" in a year? My oldest child is a junior in h.s. The next
is a freshman. We are fully vested in free tuition here . . . I
couldn't go anywhere that didn't offer college for my kids, at
virtually no cost to me.

Depending on the answer to this question, I'd be interested to look at
the job description.
thanks
On Nov 1, 2004, at 6:02 AM, jeremy hunsinger wrote:

>  We seek a colleague whose research focuses on the computer-mediated
> environment as public or mass communication. Candidates for this
> position should be prepared to teach courses from among visual media;
> multimedia production; communication, Internet, and society; new
> communication technologies, and special topics in media studies.
> Ideally, the candidate's research would focus on computer-mediated
> communication related to social influence/public advocacy or media
> studies, with a preferred emphasis on the role of new communication
> technologies in mass communication campaigns (e.g. health, political,
> issue campaigns).
>
>  Please see http://www.comm.vt.edu for a complete description of
> position responsibilities and the department.
>
> A letter of application, curriculum vitae, and a statement of research
> and teaching philosophy should be submitted through the online system.
> Supplemental materials, including three letters of reference, should
> be forwarded to John C. Tedesco, Search Committee Chair, Department of
> Communication, Shanks Hall (0311), Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
> 24061. Phone: (540) 231-3224. E-mail: tedesco at vt.edu.
> jeremy hunsinger
> jhuns at vt.edu
> www.cddc.vt.edu
> jeremy.tmttlt.com
> www.tmttlt.com
>
> ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
> /\                        - against microsoft attachments
>
> jeremy hunsinger
> jhuns at vt.edu
> www.cddc.vt.edu
> jeremy.tmttlt.com
> www.tmttlt.com
>
> ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
> /\                        - against microsoft attachments

> http://aoir.org/airjoin.html

Edward Lee Lamoureux, Ph. D.
Director, Multimedia Program and New Media Center
Associate Professor, Speech Communication
1501 W. Bradley
Bradley University
Peoria IL  61625
309-677-2378