[Air-l] CFP 6th Media Ecology Association Convention June 22-26, 2005 New York City

J Sternberg netberg at compuserve.com
Sun Nov 7 21:18:01 PST 2004

CALL FOR PAPERS
The Sixth Annual Convention of the Media Ecology Association
June 22-26, 2005
Fordham University, Lincoln Center Campus, New York City

The Biases of Media

Media are often criticized for the biases of their content, but media
ecology is also concerned with the intellectual, emotional, temporal,
spatial, political, social, metaphysical, and epistemological biases
associated with different forms of communication and different types of
technology.

We welcome submissions relating to the convention theme, "The Biases of
Media," as well as to any topic relevant to the field of media ecology.
Make us a proposal we can’t turn down, in whatever format best showcases
your submission, including complete papers, abstracts, proposals for
discussion panels and workshop sessions, and short film and video works.
Complete papers may be entered for the Top Paper Award or the Linda
Elson Scholar Award (for Top Student Paper). Please indicate award entry
on submissions.

Send one copy of submission by email or regular mail to either:

Janet Sternberg
Dept. of Communication and Media Studies
Fordham University
Bronx, NY 10458-9993
718-817-4855 voice | 718-817-4868 fax
netberg at compuserve.com

or

Lance Strate
Dept. of Communication and Media Studies
Fordham University
Bronx, NY 10458-9993
718-817-4864 voice | 718-817-4868 fax
strate at fordham.edu

Submission deadline extended to December 15, 2004

Media Ecology Association
http://www.media-ecology.org