[Air-l] Recreational drug users online

Marj Kibby Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
Wed Nov 3 23:06:51 PST 2004

Hi all,

I'm interested in studies that have been done on recreational drug users use of the Internet for information, community, support, etc.

Does anyone know of a specific study - I'm finding a few like the following but nothing directly on the topic.

Borzekowski, D. L. G., & Rickert, V. I. 2001. "Adolescent cybersurfing for health information: A new resource that crosses barriers", in Archives of
Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, 155, 813-817.

Nicholas, J., Oliver, K., Lee, K., O'Brien, M. 2004. "Help-seeking behaviour and the Internet: an investigation among Australian adolescents" in Australian e-Journal for the Advancement of Mental Health, Apr; 3 (1). Available Online at: http://auseinet.flinders.edu.au/journal/vol3iss1/nicholas.pdf

Thanks,
Marj

Dr Marjorie Kibby, Senior Lecturer in Communication & Culture
The University of Newcastle,  Callaghan NSW 2308 Australia
Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
+61 2 49216604