[Air-l] 1. Re: Virtual Ethnicities/Online Hate Speech

J. J. japeks at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 24 17:21:00 PST 2004

Hi Peder,

I think that "hate" is socially generated, cyberspace or not. The web sites
only replicate the existing social divisions. I've checked the links you
provided, and they don't help me understand the phenomenon of the “Islamic
extremists” much. I am not sure if that can be understood without active
participation of the other side either and those web sites don't seem to be
inviting any such discussion. My point then is that cyberspace will provide
answers only to the point already determined (and allowed) in the world
outside of it.
What do you think?

Jarek