[Air-l] AoIR conference venues

Philipp Budka philbu at gmx.net
Mon Oct 4 02:33:04 PDT 2004

Dear AoIR list members,

I am participating on the list for about three years. In this period the
AoIR conference took place in the Netherlands (2002), in Canada (2003), in
England (2004) and will take place in the US (2005). These venues have at
least two things in common: they are all countries of the north, and, apart
from Holland, they are all English speaking countries.
I can imagine that it is very hard to find a conference venue with the
proper infrastructure, academic and financial background, etc. But wouldn't
it be real international to look at Asia, Southeast Europe or Latin America
for conference venues. I would love to attend an AoIR conference in Sao
Paulo, Cairo or Budapest. I am sure this would send real international
signals to the global internet interested community.
Greetings from Vienna,

Philipp

--
Philipp Budka