[Air-l] Position in Buffalo

Alex Halavais halavais at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:30:05 PDT 2004

Hope you'll consider coming and helping us build the Informatics
program here at SUNY Buffalo. It's a growing program at a growing
university, and we'd love you join our new faculty from the last few
years to shape the future of the study of the social aspects of
communication technologies. If you have informal questions, please
feel welcome to shoot me an email (I'm not on the hiring committee),
or contact Tom Feeley (thfeeley at buffalo.edu).

University at Buffalo, The State University of New York

The Department of Communication in the School of Informatics at the
State University of New York at Buffalo invites applications for one
tenure track position in communication/information technologies
beginning Fall 2005. Emphasis in communication/information technology
preferred with an additional focus on information science, small
group, organizational, mass communication, media economics, or health
communication.  Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Communication,
Information Science, or related disciplines and an active research
agenda.  Ability to seek research funding is desirable. Rank is open.
A curriculum vitae, a cover letter describing research and teaching
interests, and the names of three references should be sent by
December 1, 2004 to Thomas Feeley (thfeeley at buffalo.edu), Search
Committee Chair, Department of Communication, 359 Baldy Hall, State
University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14260-1060.

Composed of the Department of Communication and the Department of
Library and Information Studies, The School of Informatics was formed
in 1999, in recognition of the changing role of information technology
in human communication.  The School offers a B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. in
Communication, a M.L.S. in Library and Information Sciences and a M.A.
in Informatics.  For complete information about the Department of
Communication and the School of Informatics visit the website at:
http://informatics.buffalo.edu/.

--
//
// Alexander Halavais