[Air-l] cyberspace and cosmopolitanism?

Elizabeth Maurer emaurer at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 16 20:10:41 PDT 2004

Hi there,

I'm beginning to look more closely at competing models of citizenship
for online activists, and am wondering where to look for treatments of
the relationship between cyberspace and cosmopolitanism(s).  Theorists
of globalization treat this in a very general way, but I'm looking for
more specific approaches.  I know that Charles Ess has written a piece
called "Cosmopolitan Ideal or Cybercentrism? A Critical Examination of
the Underlying Assumptions of "The Electronic Global Village."  Can
anyone point me toward other materials like this?

Thank you in advance,

Elizabeth Maurer

PhD ABD

Department of English