[Air-l] cyberspace and cosmopolitanism?

Nafus, Dawn dnafus at essex.ac.uk
Mon Oct 18 01:43:35 PDT 2004

I hope you'll pardon the shameless self-promotion.  I've got a piece you
might like which critiques the notion of civil society online as an
ethnocentric model of politics. It doesn't address cosmopolitanism, but
it does examine the models of spatiality and representation that make
civil society an ethnocentric notion. It's also ethnographic, so it
might give you the specificity you're looking for.

Nafus, D. (2003). The Aesthetics of the Internet in St. Petersburg: Why
Metaphor Matters. The Communication Review 6(3) 185-212.