[Air-l] Graduate Schools and Research Programs

Michael Zimmer mtz206 at nyu.edu
Tue Oct 5 07:57:18 PDT 2004

For a program that explores technology-based learning experiences and
environments, check out the Program in Educational Communication and
Technology, in New York University's Steinhardt School of Education.
http://www.nyu.edu/education/alt/ectprogram/index.html

[blurb]
As its central framework, the Program focuses on cognitive science and
constructivist views of learning and instruction, and their implications
for the design and use of educational media and technologies. Current
and potential developments in educational technology are situated in
historical context, both of the field itself and of wider educational
and social trends, movements and reforms. Other theoretical perspectives
are drawn from the fields of human symbolization, human development,
communication, aesthetics, and curriculum.

Related interests of the Program include the social dimension of
technology-based learning experiences and environments; the roles and
values of alternative forms of educational experience; the special value
and function for learning of particular technologies, symbol systems,
and forms of interactivity; and the multiple levels of meaning in the
content, form and use of media and technologies used for educational
purposes.

Regards,
michael zimmer