[Air-l] AoIR conference venues

Philipp Budka philbu at gmx.net
Mon Oct 4 08:17:13 PDT 2004

Hi,

The cities I mentioned as possible conference venues are just examples. Of
course Budapest is a nice city and I am pretty sure that Chicago is one too.
My point is, that we should start including other, in many respects
marginalized, regions of the world in the diverse discourses about the
internet. And having a conference in an, e.g., non-English speaking country
of the South would signal that research from outside Europe and Northamerica
is welcomed and recognised. As internet usage shifts from Northamerica and
Western Europe to Asia and Latin America, researchers need to establish and
renew networks and bonds to these regions.

Cheers,
Philipp

--
Philipp Budka
philbu at gmx.net
Rustengasse 5/10
A-1150 Wien, Austria
http://www.philbu.net
http://www.lateinamerika-studien.at
--

+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl