[Air-l] Re: AoIR conference venues

Eszter Hargittai lists04 at eblogle.com
Tue Oct 5 07:36:57 PDT 2004

I agree with several earlier comments (e.g. any location will be a problem
for some, a balance is probably the best approach).  Curiously, no one has
mentioned that Canada has similarly restrictive policies to the US when it
comes to visas concerning visitors from numerous countries.  My most
denigrating and logistically nightmarish embassy experience was at the
Canadian Embassy in NYC (far surpassed my experiences at three US
embassies worldwide).

As for Maria's comment about Budapest:
"Certainly, adopting Hungarian as the working language is out of the
question."

How unambitious of you!

JUST KIDDING.;)

Eszter